OK, so maybe I’m not THAT enthusiastic about it being Monday….
But I AM excited that a NEW CAARDVARKS CHALLENGE is up!!!
And I know a whole bunch of you are going to love this one 🙂
All you have to do is make a *NEW* card that uses ribbon!
Our sponsor is May Arts…you might want to go check out the GORGEOUS ribbon they are offering for this round’s challenge winner!
Here’s my card…
To make the ribbon flower:
1. Fold the blue ribbon lengthwise. Don’t fold it completely in half…the bottom layer should be wider than the top layer, so both layers show.
2. Along the folded edge, use a needle and thread to make a running stitch.
Leave a couple of inches of thread at your starting end. When you’re done, just pull both ends of your thread to tightly gather your ribbon into a circle and tie thread ends together.
3. Repeat the process with the brown ribbon, but don’t fold the ribbon first.
4. To gather the outside edge of the brown ribbon, I used a running stitch along the outside edge as well.
5. Layer your flowers and stitch them together with a button.
Thanks for coming by!
If you have any questions about my instructions, just leave a comment 🙂